Archive for July 2009

DB2 V9.5 (aka Viper) on Fedora 11 a Flop

I’ve installed the same version on core 10 with no problems, as a matter a fact it was a breeze, but “db2setup” hangs up with an odd error about the filesystem, which is funny since everything is on a virtual machine. So I’m downgrading to 10 for now, so I can make some progress. Websphincter 7 also installs very smoothly on core 10, not nearly as many hurdles as 6.1 on core 8.

Update: (thanks to the commenter)

I’m trying DB2 on 11 again, and this time things are going better, one thing I did this time that I didn’t do last time was to do a complete system update with “yum update” and surprisingly things started to work better (when I attempted the first install there were no significant updates). Once the mysterious error went I way I was presented with can’t find, and these errors are generally easier to take care of. Unfortunately there appears to be no compat-libstdc++ in the yum repository so off to the web and RPM finder: things seem to be going better this time.

The graphical installer (db2setup) failed with the most useful error message: DBI1501E (An internal error was encountered) so I closed down the installer and went for the old command line (db2_install) which completes with some minor warnings, but otherwise is working fine.